Friday, February 26, 2010

EVIE + KITCHEN = MOLE ENCHILADAS

After two long weeks Daniel is finally home from Drill. While I was visiting Daniel in Augusta last weekend, I watched Marcela Valladolid's show called, "Mexican Made Easy" on the Food Network channel. She was making a dish called 'Easiest Ever' Chicken Mole Enchiladas. This dish looked so easy to make and so delish!!! So I got a brilliant idea to surprise him and make this meal for him. Especially because Mole is his favorite dish. For those of you that don't know what mole is, it's a thick Mexican sauce that consists of Mexican chocolate poured over chicken.

Once Daniel got home I told him that I was cooking something very special for him. Daniel being the person he is keep on asking me what I was making - don't worry I did not give in. I told him to relax because lunch would be ready in a little bit. I was a little nervous because I wanted my mole to come out perfect. When lunch was finally ready I got the table set up and added some candles. He looked at his plate and was in shock. "You made mole", Daniel said. I sure did was my response with a big smile. I waited for him to take the first bite and to my surprise when he did he said, Baby, this is so good!! I felt so relieved. I have to admit it was good and I was so proud of myself.

Here is the recipe just in case you want to make it. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture but I found a picture online that is similar. Good luck and let me know how your mole enchiladas come out.


***I got this picture from Bunrab's blog.***

No comments:

Post a Comment