Monday, April 5, 2010

PERSONAL: CRAZY LOVE

Remember how I was telling you all that I wanted to start reading more?? Well guess what? I have already read two books this year. I have been reading this book called, "Crazy Love" by Francis Chen. WOW, what a great book!! I've heard a few people talk about how good this book is and decided to buy and read it. Most of the time, I go and buy a book, read a few pages, and set it on my bookcase to collect dust. But not this one.

This book talks about how relentless God is and how much he loves us. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't know how much God loves me, but sometimes I get used to His love that I forget what it really means to love him with my whole heart. I went through a time where I thought I knew all about God!! It did't take God long to put me in my place but it did take me long to realize it. I felt burned out. I felt like reading my bible and having quiet time was something I had to do, so that God would not look down on me. I had a guilt cloud hovering over my head.

God wants us to draw near to him, not because we have to but because we want to. I love how Francis' says that our motivation moves from quilt to love. Whenever you are head over heels with someone, you are willing to do whatever it takes to spend time with them. You are not motivated by guilt but by love. Please don't think I have it all together. This is something that I am on a daily basis. I want to be captivated by the love of God. I want to love others because I have been loved.

I have been listening to Kim Walker's song - How He Loves over and over. I love this song!! Every time I hear this song it reminds me of how much God loves me. Here are the lyrics from the song. Read them and Enjoy!!!

Kim Walker: How He Loves

He is jealous for me Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me.

Oh, how He loves us so Oh, how He loves us How He loves us so. (x2)

Yeah, He loves us Whoa, how He loves us Whoa, how He loves us Whoa, how He loves. (x2)

We are His portion and He is our prize, Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way

No comments:

Post a Comment